Ever wonder how the pros create garden plans and designs?
Designing a garden is easier than you think and our first video shares five tips on garden designing.
- Pick a colour theme for your home garden, this will create a mood.
- After selecting your garden’s colour theme, choose garden plants with varying height — it creates visual excitement and energy.
- Next, try to repeat a pattern when doing garden landscapes – pick garden plants and flowers and repeat them throughout your garden.
- Next, use garden plants and flowers with different textures and shapes.
- Finally, incorporate colourful foliage to play off garden blooms.
With these garden landscape ideas, you don’t have to be a garden designer to get the best looking home garden.
Contemporary Garden Ideas
In this video, you will see photos of gardens that transform from plain blank spaces to beautiful modern contemporary gardens. The landscaping ideas featured in this video are modern, contemporary styles of garden. This type of landscaping isn’t the cheapest to install because of the polished natural stone paving, hardwood decking and rendered walls that are labour and material intensive.
Garden landscaping doesn’t have to cost a fortune, there are plenty of ways to achieve a great looking garden, that are inexpensive. You might have a small back garden or just room for a few containers, our final video has some inexpensive, small scale flower garden ideas that you might like to try.
The flowers mentioned in the video are:
- Sedum (Red carpet & Angelina)
- Gaillardia (Fanfare)
- Agapanthus (Gold Strike)
- Melianthus (Antonow’s Blue)
- Cordyline (Festival Burgundy)
Sedum Red carpet
Gaillardia – Fanfare
Agapanthus Gold Strike
Melianthus – Antonow’s Blue