If you are looking forward to Summer and Strawberries but don’t have a lot of growing space, why not try a strawberry pot? They can be fun and they are a great way to bring your strawberry harvest right to your doorstep. A good strawberry pot is an excellent way to grow food in vertical space. It’s especially useful if you only have a small growing space.
Some Tips For Choosing Strawberry Pots
- Big pockets make planting the pots a lot easier.
- Lipped pockets have a slightly raised side that keeps soil in while the roots grow. Eventually the roots will develop and hold everything in.
- Pockets that are staggered around the pot at different levels so that plants are equally distributed around the pot and not sharing space.
- Bigger strawberry pots stay wet longer and provide more root space for plants. This is especially important if you’re trying to grow something edible.
- You could use the smaller pots for drought tolerant succulents or some small thyme plants.
Tricks For Watering Your Strawberry Pot