March is when the growing year really gets into full swing.
It’s the time when you can get started in the garden and there are plenty of seeds that need sowing and jobs that need doing.
March is the perfect time to start preparing the garden for summer. This video gives you some top gardening tips about jobs and tasks you can do in your garden in February and March.
As the days begin to get longer, you will be able to spend more time out in the garden.
- Remove weeds before they have a chance take hold.
- Deciduous trees and shrubs can be planted until the end of the month.
- Some summer bedding plants can be sown now in pots or trays in a greenhouse.
- Pot up young bedding plants.
- You can start to grow French and Runner beans in pots.
- Dahlia tubers can also be started in pots, remember to take cuttings as they begin to grow.